Submitted by Erin Maidlow on Thu, 10/23/2014 - 09:52
Sweet and savory salad with crunchy carrots, sweet raisins, and a creamy dressing.
2 cups shredded carrots (2 to 3 carrots)
1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
¾ cup raisins
¼ cup low-fat plain yogurt or mayonnaise
¼ cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Stir in yogurt and nuts or seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Save leftover pineapple and juice in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze for longer storage.
- Leftover pineapple can be used in smoothies, fruit salads and more. See FoodHero.org for recipes.