I made this salad today, and I suggest using plain Greek yogurt in place of the mayo. It makes a much healthier salad, and I think the flavor is much better. With yogurt, I'd give it 5 stars. The mayo just didn't do it for me.
- Save leftover pineapple and juice in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze for longer storage.
- Leftover pineapple can be used in smoothies, fruit salads and more. See FoodHero.org for recipes.
2 cups shredded carrots (2 to 3 carrots)
1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
¾ cup raisins
¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise or low-fat plain yogurt
¼ cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- In a medium serving bowl, combine carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Stir in mayonnaise or yogurt and nuts or seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.