This a very tasty salad! If you enjoy crunch in your salad this one is definately for you! I made this salad with my summer school students. It was a huge hit! I did however, modify the sugar from 1/4 cup to 2 Tablespoons, The reason for doing so is that the raisins are sweet and the 1/4 of sugar made so sweet you really couldnt saver the flavors. Two tablespoons less made this recipe a sucess for my food tastings with the students!
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, raisins, onion, sunflower seeds and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.