Thick and filling main dish. I'm thinking a little garlic powder and chopped onion could go a long way. Definitely am going to give this recipe another try!
Superhero Shepherd's Pie
- Put diced potatoes in saucepan; add enough water to barely cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until soft (about 15 minutes.).
- Drain potatoes and mash. Stir in milk, cheese, salt and pepper; set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat in a large skillet. Add onion powder, if using. Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, bouillon and water. Cook 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into 8 inch square baking dish. Spread potato mixture over vegetable/meat mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
All my kids liked this dish which is a small miracle. I added diced onion when I browned the meat.
This is a simple and tasty basic recipe that lends itself to what you have on hand and the seasoning you like. I used frozen cauliflower, red bell pepper, corn and chopped kale. I put onions in with the beef as suggested by a previous comment. I added garlic and some red pepper flakes. I also had a sweet potato so mashed it along with yellow potatoes. Yum! We will make this again. I imagine it will be great when the vegetables are garden fresh, too.