Broccoli Raisin Salad
6 cups chopped broccoli (fresh)
½ cup raisins
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
¼ cup bacon bits
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, raisins, onion, sunflower seeds and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.
- No raisins? Use any type of dried fruit.
- You can use chopped cauliflower for some of the chopped broccoli.