Submitted by Cooking Ranger on Thu, 04/30/2020 - 17:27
A creamy, crunchy, sweet and savory salad that is quick and easy to make.
2 cups diced pear (fresh or canned)
¼ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped onion (try sweet onion)
¼ cup raisins
1 cup diced cooked chicken
2 Tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Serve now or chill until serving time.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try this as a wrap in a whole wheat tortilla.
- Try adding chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts.