1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 medium turnips, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
3 Tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, add oil and sauté turnips, carrots and salt until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in garlic and sesame seeds and cook until vegetables begin to brown.
- Stir in honey. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
Doubled this recipe for a larger event, so used 1 Tbs. Vegetable oil + 1 Tbs. Sesame oil. The end result was delicious. Sometimes I think turnips go overlooked, but with this recipe I know everyone was looking for more!