Submitted by lkraemer on Mon, 12/07/2015 - 15:41
Green beans tossed in a blend of mustard, honey, and vinegar. A great side dish!
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
3 Tablespoons honey (see Notes)
3 Tablespoons vinegar
4 cups green beans (cooked from fresh, frozen, or canned, drained and rinsed)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat, stir together mustard, honey and vinegar. Cook until sauce boils and becomes thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add green beans and stir to coat evenly. Cook until beans are heated through. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 4 cups of green beans is about 1½ pounds fresh or 16 ounces frozen or 2 cans (15 ounces each) drained.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.