Submitted by tierrabonita on Thu, 07/16/2015 - 20:08
Quick and colorful salad with canned beans, fresh cilantro and a light vinaigrette. Ready in about 10 minutes!
1 cup corn (cooked from fresh or frozen or canned, drained and rinsed) (see Notes)
1 cup black beans (cooked or canned, drained and rinsed)
2 Tablespoons diced bell pepper (any color)
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon vinegar (try apple cider or rice vinegar)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Enjoy now or chill until later.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Cook frozen corn according to package directions or to 165 degrees F.
- Cook your own dry beans. One cup dry black beans will make about 3 cups cooked black beans.