A warm and flavorful dish that includes sweet warm maple, cinnamon and hearty root vegetables.
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups diced turnip
2 cups cubed sweet potato
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together margarine or butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Mix turnip and sweet potato pieces in a medium casserole dish. Add syrup mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No maple syrup? Use 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar.
- Try with other vegetables such as parsnips, carrots or winter squash.