1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
4 cups corn (try frozen, canned and drained, or fresh, cut off the cob)
1 cup chopped onion
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat margarine in medium skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add corn, onion, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat evenly.
- Cook uncovered until onion is tender and corn is heated through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 1 cup corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked).
- Add chopped bell pepper for more color.
Sherman Extension used this recipe for the monthly cafeteria taste test at Sherman County School. Smelled great cooking, fairly good reception by the kids...except those who announced "I don't like corn!". Would be a super easy recipe to use at home, as you can use fresh, frozen or canned ingredients, utilizing what you have on hand.