¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon thyme
¼ teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon paprika
¾ cup nonfat or 1% milk
2 pounds fish fillets (try any white fish)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, cheese, thyme, onion powder and paprika.
- Place crumb mixture on a flat plate or sheet of wax paper.
- Dip fish fillets in milk, then press into crumb mixture to coat all sides. Discard leftover crumbs and milk.
- Place fish on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F using a food thermometer or until fish is opaque and separates easily with a fork. This will take about 15 minutes, but depends on the thickness of the fish.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use leftover cooked fish to make fish tacos or add to salads.