½ cup pitted and halved sweet cherries
1 cup cubed cantaloupe
1 cup halved green grapes
1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
¼ cup orange juice (juice from 1/2 orange)
¼ cup flaked coconut (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cut fruit.
- Pour orange juice over fruit and stir in coconut, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try using different types of melon or grapes.
This is a great fruit salad! The cherries and flaked coconut make it different from traditional fruit salads I'm accustomed to. Kids love it too! It's a great recipe to have kids help you make, especially if you use a cherry pitter! You can give smaller children a plastic knife to cut up the banana and maybe even the grapes, too.