I've been making this recipe for quite some time, and it's great. I usually don't add the salt, and we mix it in with steel cut oats, sometimes adding coconut and walnuts or pumpkin seeds for added protein. It can be a savory or sweet dish, depending on what you like. I've served it at dinner with braised kale or chard and a protein dish and it was also great. Kids and adults loved it!
Baked Apples and Squash
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut into bite size pieces.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine the squash and apple pieces, oil, cinnamon, sugar and salt together in a bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a metal baking pan.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.