Submitted by zamoraem on Tue, 01/25/2022 - 16:22
This easy make-ahead sauce is perfect for pancakes, oatmeal or yogurt any time of year.
¼ cup cold water
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
⅓ cup sugar
4 cups berries, fresh or frozen (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries or a mixture)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, water and 2 cups of berries. Mash berries if desired.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining berries. Mash if desired.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.