Warm and toasty English muffins make this a quick and satisfying meal.
14 ounces extra firm tofu
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain and press tofu to remove extra liquid. Crumble into a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and bell pepper in oil until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add spinach, garlic, salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add tofu and stir until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For more spice, add cumin, chili powder, harissa or hot sauce.
- Try with other vegetables, such as zucchini or kale.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.
I made the Tofu Scramble for dinner this evening...and we enjoyed it a lot! The prep was quick and easy. I had about 1 cup chopped cabbage so added that to the vegetables called for. I did add cumin and oregano. We used the scramble as a burrito filling with cooked and seasoned pinto beans. The leftovers should make a tasty breakfast!