2 cups chopped leeks
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup dry orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
2 cups low-sodium broth (any type)
1 ½ cups chopped tomato
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Sauté leeks in oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until the leeks are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the orzo and toast lightly, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until orzo is tender (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No fresh tomatoes? Use 1 can (15 ounces) drained diced tomatoes instead.
Very easy to make and delicious to taste recipe! Everyone loved it.