This is a fun and tasty recipe that often surprises the kids I've worked with as most have never had watermelon like this before! It's a great way to add a nutritious sweet and savory topping to dishes like nachos, burritos or quesadillas!
NotesCooking for a Crowd
- Serve salsa with burritos, tacos, fish or grilled meat.
- Try adding corn, hot pepper or avocado.
- Try lemon or lime juice instead of vinegar.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
2 cups small cubes of watermelon, seeds removed
¼ cup sliced green onion
¼ cup finely chopped onion (try red or sweet)
1 Tablespoon vinegar (try rice vinegar)
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
¼ teaspoon cumin
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.