1 cup low-fat fruit yogurt
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (raw)
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
½ cup dried fruit (try raisins, apricots, dates)
½ cup chopped apple (about 1/3 of a medium apple)
½ cup frozen blueberries
¼ cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
- Add dried and fresh fruit, and mix gently.
- Serve scoops of muesli in small dishes. Sprinkle each serving with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Muesli makes a delicious breakfast. Try drizzling with milk.
- Substitute any frozen, canned and drained, or fresh chopped fruit for apples and blueberries.
- Flavor boosters: cinnamon, grated orange peel.
The directions for this recipe are listed in reverse order. :)
Thanks so much! We just re-programmed the directions portion of the website to fix this problem. This is one we overlooked. Thanks to your alert, it's fixed now.
Food Hero Team
I loved this recipe it was simple and my kids enjoyed it.
I made this last night, and it was great! I added the frozen berries and chopped apple in with the oats overnight and it was a perfect grab and go breakfast for my busy morning. This recipe is so easy my teenage daughter can make it the night before and have an easy healthy breakfast before she leaves the house. I am going to try this with greek yogurt next!
I would like to know if you have any recipes that use dry mix Muesli making nutritous and filling breakfast bars?
We have not tested any recipes for that and it is not on our list for the near future. Sorry
the Food Hero Team