Love this recipe! So, so easy and quick. Make sure though to put the noodles in last as the directions say...tastes better that way. And i add lots of veggies too like grated carrots and sliced mushrooms and garlic. I cook them while the noodles are cooking and then stir them in when i add the noodles to the other ingredients. Oh, and I use cream of some kind of veggie soup with veggie bouillon.
- Cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup can be substituted for cream of chicken.
- Try whole wheat egg noodles for more fiber.
- Try adding other frozen or fresh vegetables with, or instead of, the peas.
- Reheat the casserole in the microwave if it has cooled before serving.
- Cook noodles using package directions. Add peas for last three minutes. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add to drained noodles and stir well.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often, until heated through. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.