1 ½ cups broth (any flavor)
¾ cup dry bulgur
⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
⅓ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth, bulgur, ginger and soy sauce to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork. Stir in peanuts and green onion. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve as a side dish, or use as a base for sauteed vegetables.
- Broth can be homemade, canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
We made this to go with grilled tandoori chicken and zucchini. Very nice and super simple whole grain side. I used some vegetable stock rather than dried bouillon. I love how easy and no-fuss bulgur is.