Love this recipe! Super easy to reference this recipe for the rations and we always use it when we have a couple of pieces of sandwich bread or french bread left to never throw away bread! My kids love it cut in sticks to its french toast sticks!
NotesAny Berry SauceMicrowave Applesauce
- Works best when bread is somewhat dry rather than fresh.
- Poke a few holes in the bread to absorb more egg mixture.
- Try topped with Any Berry Sauce or Microwave Applesauce.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat or non-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a flat-bottom bowl or casserole dish, beat together the eggs, milk, spice and vanilla, if desired.
- Lightly grease a skillet and place it on medium heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg and milk mixture. Cook in the skillet about 2 minutes on each side or until brown and cooked through.
- Move the pieces from the pan to plates and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.