Any Berry SauceMicrowave Applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat or non-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a flat-bottom bowl or casserole dish, beat together the eggs, milk, spice and vanilla, if desired.
- Lightly grease a skillet and place it on medium heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg and milk mixture. Cook in the skillet about 2 minutes on each side or until brown and cooked through.
- Move the pieces from the pan to plates and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Works best when bread is somewhat dry rather than fresh.
- Poke a few holes in the bread to absorb more egg mixture.
- Try topped with Any Berry Sauce or Microwave Applesauce.
Love this recipe! Super easy to reference this recipe for the rations and we always use it when we have a couple of pieces of sandwich bread or french bread left to never throw away bread! My kids love it cut in sticks to its french toast sticks!