1 medium orange (any type)
12 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Remove the colored outside peel of the orange (known as zest) with a grater. Peel and section the orange.
- Put the orange zest, orange sections, cranberries, sugar and cinnamon in a food processor or blender. Pulse until chopped into small pieces.
- Move the mixture to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with roasted meats, sandwiches or quesadillas. Use as a topping for yogurt, pancakes or hot cereal.
- Try other spices such as nutmeg or cardamom.
- If using frozen cranberries, let them thaw about 5 minutes before chopping.
This is a quick and tasty way to enjoy cranberry and orange. I like that it is fresh and not too sweet. We added some to brighten a turkey wrap and I added some to breakfast yogurt and oatmeal.