Submitted by Erin Maidlow on Wed, 06/05/2019 - 11:28
Tasty and flavorful snack idea of crispy beans with lots of spices.
2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons dried dill
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dry beans with paper towels to prevent "popping" in the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and dill weed.
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet. Pour garbanzo beans onto baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Lightly spray the tops of beans with cooking spray. Sprinkle seasoning mix over the beans. Shake pan to help spread around the seasoning and end with the beans in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheet on the lowest rack in the oven. Cook until beans are crispy and brown, about 30 to 40 minutes . Gently shake and turn the pan every 10 to 15 minutes to avoid burning the beans. Let cool before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container. If cooked until crispy, they may store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks (see Notes). If still somewhat soft, store in the refrigerator.
- Try other spices such as taco seasoning, dry ranch seasoning, curry powder or harissa spice mix.
- Dry roasted garbanzo beans will keep up to 2 weeks in a sealed, airtight container at room temperature. Reheat at 400 degrees F on a baking sheet for 5 minutes to make them crisp again.
- No canned garbanzo beans? Cook your own from dry. You will need about 3 cups cooked beans for this recipe.