Very tasty! Light flavor, I really enjoyed these. They are a good substitute for potato chips. I might try these with some salsa next time.
Crunchy Baked Kale Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash kale leaves.
- Cut leaves off of thick stem and thoroughly dry leaves in a salad spinner or by blotting with paper towels. Discard stems.
- Tear or cut leaves into bite sized pieces. Place in large bowl.
- Drizzle oil over kale and toss to coat well.
- Place kale leaves onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until edges brown. About 10-15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
These are so trendy right now! I can't wait to try making them myself!
These chips were a hit!! The kids had a great time making them and they loved eating them too. The amount of salt in the recipe might be a little too much--there was some complaint that the chips were too salty.
The salt could always be reduced or omitted. It could also be that it was sprinkled a little unevenly.
The Food Hero Team
My son made these and added a tsp of garlic powder, and a pinch of ground pepper:)