Submitted by watkinbr on Wed, 12/27/2017 - 12:47
Enjoy this delicious blend of beans and a savory sauce, baked to blend the lightly sweet and salty flavors.
6 slices bacon
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
¾ cup ketchup
¼ cup molasses
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces and place in skillet. Cook over medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet) until evenly browned. Remove from pan and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain skillet, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Remove from skillet and add to bacon. Discard remaining drippings.
- Mix beans with bacon, onion and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Move mixture to a 9x12-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any mix of beans you have.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- No bacon? Use 1 teaspoon cooking oil to saute vegetables.