Nice spicy touch!
- Prepare fresh chiles by roasting 1 pound fresh green poblano chiles (about 4 whole peppers) either by placing them over a stovetop gas flame or by roasting under an oven broiler. Turn them frequently until all sides are charred black, about 7 to10 minutes. Allow peppers to cool, about 15 minutes. Remove the stems, skins and seeds and chop.
Like more flavor? Use more or hotter chiles.
Use as a filling for tacos, burritos or wraps!
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel squash, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut the squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet). Add onions and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes. Add the squash, salt and chili powder.
- Cover and cook, stirring every few minutes, for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in chiles and cook about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.