- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Butter bread and cut into small cubes.
- Combine buttered and cubed bread, brown sugar and raisins in a one-quart microwave safe dish. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, blend together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Heat on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour over bread mixture and lightly blend together.
- Microwave the dish uncovered at 50% power for 5 to 8 minutes, or until edges are firm and the center is almost set.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.