Submitted by myhome grocers on Thu, 04/29/2021 - 03:31
A quick and easy breakfast, snack or dessert recipe that combines warm cinnamon, whole-grain bread and sweet raisins.
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
3 slices whole-grain bread
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup raisins
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 ¼ cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Butter bread and cut into small cubes.
- Combine buttered and cubed bread, brown sugar and raisins in a one-quart microwave safe dish. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, blend together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Heat on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour over bread mixture and lightly blend together.
- Microwave the dish uncovered at 50% power for 5 to 8 minutes, or until edges are firm and the center is almost set.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with low-fat vanilla or lemon yogurt.