2 large apples
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse apples and cut crosswise into thin slices. Cut out the core if desired.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon if desired.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 1 hour. Turn slices over. Continue baking until dry with no moisture in the center, 1 hour or more depending on thickness.
- Remove from oven and cool. Store in an air-tight container for up to a year.
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.
- Total baking time will depend on the thickness of the apple slices.
My small kiddos really loved these! Including cooking them! We cooked for about an hour and they were still soft but the kids couldn't wait any longer they wanted them so bad and then they ate them all up before I could put them back in the oven.
Great recipe, fast and easy! Delicious too!