Submitted by AngMath on Fri, 03/06/2020 - 10:00
Kid-approved recipe thats quick to make and full of flavor.
12 (6-inch) soft corn tortillas
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
½ cup beans (cooked or canned and drained; try pinto or black beans)
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 bell pepper, finely chopped or grated
1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
1 carrot, shredded
CILANTRO YOGURT DIP
2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat large skillet over low heat (250 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, peppers and shredded carrot between the tortillas, covering about half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
- Place one or two folded tortillas on a dry skillet and heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook other side until golden, about 1 minute.
- Remove to a plate and repeat until all tortillas are heated.
- Mix together nonfat yogurt, cilantro and salt to make the dip.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve right away with the dip.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
Thanks to the OSU Extension Latin Heritage Workgroup for this recipe.