- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 bread pan. If making muffins, lightly grease muffin tin.
- Cook carrots until they are very soft.
Fresh - Steam or boil.
Frozen - Follow package directions or microwave, steam or boil.
Canned - Rinse and drain.
- Mash carrots well with a fork or potato masher, or use a blender or food processer to puree until smooth.
- In large bowl, mix carrots with brown sugar, egg and milk until well blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pans or fill 12 muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake bread for 50 minutes or muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly then remove from pans. Cool completely then store in an air-tight container at room temperature.