Print Recipe Color
Superhero Shepherd's Pie
- Put diced potatoes in saucepan; add enough water to barely cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until soft (about 15 minutes.).
- Drain potatoes and mash. Stir in milk, cheese, salt and pepper; set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat in a large skillet. Add onion powder, if using. Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, bouillon and water. Cook 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into 8 inch square baking dish. Spread potato mixture over vegetable/meat mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add extra veggies by dicing fresh onion and garlic with ground beef.
- Try any mix of frozen, cooked or canned and drained vegetables you have on hand.
- Try other seasonings such as garlic powder, thyme or oregano.