Submitted by jovan (not verified) on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 16:02
Crisp vegetables, hearty whole wheat pasta, and Italian dressing make the perfect summer pasta salad.
3 cups uncooked whole-wheat pasta
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup diced cucumber
1 cup sliced summer squash
¾ cup Italian salad dressing
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water. Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any colorful vegetables you have on hand. Try carrots, cherry tomatoes or green onions.
- Flavor boosters: 1 cup diced cooked chicken or ham, or 1 cup garbanzo beans.
- Try Food Hero Red Wine Vinaigrette for the dressing.