VideoCooking for a CrowdRecipe Card
Cooking for a Crowd
Use these recipe sheets to prepare for larger groups:
6 ounces fresh spinach (about 7 cups)
3 oranges (any type)
1 ½ cups halved strawberries
1 cup walnut pieces (toasted, if desired)
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon paprika
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons vinegar (any type)
1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and dry spinach, tear into pieces and chill.
- To prepare orange: Cut off peel and membrane of outer part of the sections. Using a paring knife, gently cut out sections from membrane edges. This will make orange sections with no outer membrane.
- In a small bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid, add all dressing ingredients. Mix or shake well and set aside.
- Right before serving, toss orange sections and strawberries with walnuts and spinach. Add dressing to coat salad. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Freeze extra orange and lemon juice to use later.
REALLY enjoyed this salad and super easy/quick! Made it with Peanutty African Stew for dinner and it was a great success. To be honest I didn't measure out the salad ingredients but simply put the ingredients into a salad bowl in an amount I knew would be big enough to feed the family. Then did of course measure out the salad dressing ingredients -- great dressing! Will make again even for other salad fixings. Strawberries and oranges were on sale this week so this was an extra special recipe. Oh, and for the OJ in the dressing I just squeezed a half an orange leftover from making the salad and got the juice I needed.
I love this salad! I left out the sugar and it was plenty sweet with the orange juice. I also used slivered almonds because that was what I had on hand. It's very refreshing and a nice change from the standard green vegetable salad.
I love this salad and the dressing is really great! I actually make extra dressing and keep it in a mason jar in the fridge to use on all my salads. I just love putting fruit with spinach. Its a great combo!