2 bell peppers, cut into long strips (green, red or yellow - try a mix)
1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir a few times while cooking, until onion is clear and peppers are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve as a side dish; add to sandwiches, tacos or wraps; add to cooked pasta or rice bowls.
This quick and easy recipe is the perfect addition to a sandwich, a quesadilla, a burger or a rice bowl. The pepper and the onions get sweeter as they carmelize, so good!