Ramen Cabbage Salad
5 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups chopped broccoli (or broccoli florets)
1 cup shredded carrot
1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed. Use seasoning packet for dressing.
1 ramen seasoning packet
3 Tablespoons vinegar (any type)
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, carrot, green onion and uncooked ramen noodles.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, mix or shake together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix. Refrigerate until served.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add cooked chicken, tuna, tofu, nuts or another protein.
- Reduce sodium by leaving out the seasoning packet.
- Try low-fat Italian dressing instead of the dressing ingredients.
- No vinegar? Use lemon or lime juice.