Love this recipe! It makes a simple and delicious addition to so many meals. We made a lot in the summer when tomatoes and peppers were plentiful.
- No serrano pepper? Use a jalapeño pepper or other spicy pepper.
- Chop the leaves and stems of cilantro; all parts are flavorful.
- The spiciness of peppers can vary based on the growing conditions. Peppers usually have a higher level of heat during hot summer months.
Thanks to the Food Hero Latinx Workgroup for this recipe.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeds removed and minced (use ¼ cup minced bell pepper for mild salsa)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve right away.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.