These are for sure one of my families FAVORITE Food Hero Recipes ever!!! So amazinly yummy. Of note we had extra batter/egg mixture so I also made some mushrooms - YUMM! They did cook less than indicated in the recipe so be sure to watch them and if possible use the low setting on the broiler.
Baked Zucchini Sticks
- Cut zucchini into long sticks, about 3 inches long.
- Microwave zucchini for about 3 minutes. Pat zucchini sticks dry with a paper towel.
- Mix eggs and water together in a small bowl. Mix cheese, bread crumbs and herbs together in another small bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks first into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange zucchini in rows on a metal baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Broil zucchini sticks for about 12 to 15 minutes, turning once while cooking.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.
So yummy! I am definitely going to keep making this recipe.