12 slices whole grain bread
4 eggs or 8 egg whites
1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with sides or two 9x13 inch pans with cooking spray.
- Lay the slices of bread flat on the pan with the sides touching.
- Beat egg, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla until very well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread. Turn each slice over to ensure both sides are wet.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or bake immediately for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar (optional). Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with applesauce or yogurt.
- Add your favorite berries to the top for some color and a yummy taste!
Really liked the french toast. It was just the right sweetness level.
Good, I served it topped with strawberry yogurt.
My family LOVES this! I used thicker wheat sandwich bread and i only needed 7 slices to cover the recipe. And then i made the topping from Food Hero Blueberry Bling and put it on top of the french toast before i cooked it. My familys fav breakfast recipe!