1 can (14.75 ounce) salmon, drained
¼ cup pickle relish (dill or sweet) or chopped pickles
¼ cup plain nonfat or low-fat yogurt
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
1. In a medium bowl, break up salmon and skin and mash small bones with a fork.
2. Add relish, yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
3. Mix together until well combined.
4. Chill before serving. Serve on a bed of salad greens or use as a sandwich filling.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Small salmon bones are soft after canning. They can be mashed and eaten for more calcium.
- Salmon skin is also soft after canning. Stir it in for healthy fats (omega-3 fatty acids).
Middle students loved this recipe! They had fun chopping up pickles plus the green onion and radishes we added. We ate this on whole wheat tortillas with grated jimica and lettuce. Super yummy and fast!!!