4 ½ teaspoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
1 ½ teaspoons vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons minced sweet onion
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon honey (see Note)
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 medium kiwis, peeled
1 medium banana
1 medium apple or pear (3” in diameter)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix lime juice, oil, onion, vinegar, honey and salt in a medium bowl.
- Chop kiwis, banana and apple into small cubes.
- Add fruit and mint, if desired, to the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old. Try brown sugar instead.
This salad is excellent! The dressing provides just the right sweet/tart combination. I did not achieve the same brightness of the salad pictured, because I used yellow kiwis (all the store had)--still good, but not a lot of contrast between the apple and banana, which would have been a achieved using green kiwis. I used a Gala Apple, and apple cider vinegar. This salad would lend itself well to different fruit combinations--strawberries, green grapes, peaches, etc. It would make a good BBQ or potluck dish.