Submitted by Elena Illescas on Sun, 04/05/2020 - 23:18
A fresh and crunchy salad using your favorite greens.
8 cups greens (try kale, bok choy, chard, collard, mustard or others)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 large carrots, peeled and cut in thin strips or coarsely shredded
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 ½ teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash greens and separate leaves from stems if needed. Slice stems crosswise, if using. Chop or slice leaves into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add carrots and stems, if desired; cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add greens, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
- When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.