I just made this for the first time today. I wasn't sure about putting a tablespoon of onion powder in the soup. That seemed like a lot to me. Is that an error or does the recipe really call for that much onion powder? I made it with less today and it tastes fine, but if you tell me that is correct, next time I will make it with that amount and see if it tastes better!
- For a smoother soup, combine peas with liquid and milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, then add to saucepan.
- Try fresh onion for extra flavor! Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup chopped fresh onion. Cook until onion is soft then add peas with liquid.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, heat peas with liquid over medium heat. As the peas warm, mash them with a fork or potato masher to the thickness you want.
- Stir in milk, bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper, if desired. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.