Green Pea Soup
2 cans (15 ounces each) peas (undrained)
1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable bouillon
1 Tablespoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, heat peas with liquid over medium heat. As the peas warm, mash them with a fork or potato masher to the thickness you want.
- Stir in milk, bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper, if desired. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a smoother soup, combine peas with liquid and milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, then add to saucepan.
- Try fresh onion for extra flavor! Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup chopped fresh onion. Cook until onion is soft then add peas with liquid.