Diced turkey, crunchy vegetables, and sweet raisins combined with a creamy mayonnaise dressing.
1 ½ cups cooked and diced turkey or smoked turkey
½ cup toasted and chopped walnuts
½ cup raisins or other dried fruit
¾ cup chopped celery (1 to 2 stalks)
¼ cup diced red or yellow onion (1/4 medium onion)
¼ cup diced carrot
¼ cup chopped parsley (optional)
1 red apple, cored and chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
⅓ cup mayonnaise or low-fat plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon vinegar (cider, red or white)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix turkey, nuts, raisins, celery, onions, carrots, parsley and apple in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and vinegar; mix well.
- Pour dressing over turkey mixture. Stir and chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve cold with lettuce and tomato wedges, or use as sandwich filling.