Submitted by Marydi on Fri, 05/22/2020 - 20:33
Only 5 ingredients to make this creamy, cheesy, and comforting chowder.
½ small onion, diced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 can (15 ounce) cream style corn
2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
½ cup grated cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet), cook onion in oil until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add corn and milk. Stir until mixed together.
- Heat until just bubbly. Stir in cheese and serve when melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add any other veggies you have on hand - fresh, frozen, or canned.
- Add more flavor with pepper, cumin and oregano.
- Try adding cilantro or microgreens on top for more flavor and texture.