2 cups baby carrots
2 cups snow peas
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
½ teaspoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil. Boil carrots for 7 to 9 minutes and remove from water. Boil pea pods for 2 to 3 minutes and remove from water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine or butter. Add the cornstarch to the skillet and stir in to margarine or butter.
- Add the cooked carrots, snow peas and brown sugar to the skillet. Heat and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Photo and recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.
- No baby carrots? Cut regular-sized carrots in thin disks and cook with snow peas and brown sugar.