Submitted by stuartsfarm on Sun, 08/06/2017 - 00:15
A batter of grated root vegetables cooked in a skillet until golden and crispy.
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
¾ cup water
2 cups grated turnip
1 cup grated carrot
½ cup thinly sliced green onion
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (for cooking)
2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, pepper, egg, garlic, soy sauce and water in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the turnip, carrot and green onion.
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake into skillet. Flatten with a fork into a 3-inch circle.
- Cook until edges look dry and bottom is golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over once. Cook until bottom is golden and crispy. Repeat with remaining batter, adding remaining oil as needed. Pancakes will be moist in the center.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with warm pancakes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No rice vinegar? Try apple cider vinegar instead.