Submitted by tierrabonita on Mon, 03/20/2017 - 12:40
A simple snack or meal idea full of veggies, parmesan cheese, hints of lemon, and dill.
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon dill weed
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
2 Tablespoons minced green onion with tops
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ cups shredded vegetables (unpeeled zucchini (drained and pressed), potato, carrots, bell pepper, celery, sweet potato or yam)
8 slices tomato (optional)
lowfat sour cream (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In medium bowl, stir together cheese, flour, baking powder, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Beat in eggs, green onions, lemon juice and garlic until well blended. Stir all shredded vegetables into the batter.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Lightly spray or oil with cooking spray. For each vegetable cake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Top with low-fat sour cream and tomato slices, if desired. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Pre-cook “harder” vegetables like carrots and potatoes, if desired.