¾ cup sugar
½ cup Master Mix or all-purpose baking mix (for biscuits and pancakes)
1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin
1 can (12 ounce) nonfat evaporated milk
3 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 to 10-inch pie plate.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl or a blender.
- Beat 2 minutes with mixer until smooth or blend one minute on high.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate. Serve cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No baking mix? Use 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- No pumpkin pie spice? Use 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Serve with whipped topping or low-fat vanilla yogurt.
The taste and consistency are great! I did try and put it in a ready made graham craker crust, not in the original recipe, and the pieces would not come out of the pan so I will not do that again.
This was tasty! I even like this for breakfast. I used about 2 cups of fresh pumpkin instead of the 15 oz. can.
Yummy! tasted just like pumpkin pie filling! This was a really great desert and perfect for the holidays!