Chilled Strawberry- Rhubarb Soup
4 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
2 cups 100% apple juice
1 cup water
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
¼ cup sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup chopped or torn fresh mint or basil (optional), divided
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Boil rhubarb, apple juice and water in a large saucepan. Cook until the rhubarb is very soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into a large bowl. Refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes. Stir a few times while cooling.
- Scoop rhubarb mixture into a blender. Add strawberries, sugar and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Return mixture to the bowl and stir in ¼ cup mint, if desired. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of chopped mint.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.