4 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
2 cups 100% apple juice
1 cup water
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
¼ cup sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup chopped or torn fresh mint or basil (optional), divided
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Boil rhubarb, apple juice and water in a large saucepan. Cook until the rhubarb is very soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Pour rhubarb mixture into a large bowl. Refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes. Stir a few times while cooling.
4. Scoop rhubarb mixture into a blender. Add strawberries, sugar and salt. Blend until smooth.
5. Return mixture to the bowl and stir in ¼ cup mint, if desired. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of chopped mint.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.